TO HOST A COMMUNITY/EDUCATIONAL SCREENING EVENT IN THE U.S. & CANADA OR ACQUIRE PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS:
Whether it’s a screening at a University, Church, Treatment Center, Recovery Community Center – or even your home – Kino Lorber is ready to help you acquire the Public Performance Rights you will need. If you have any questions about what type of screening you should host, or to book a non‐traditional screening event, please visit the film distributor’s site below:
Feature Length 88-Minute Version at: Kino Lorber Edu.
Shortened 50-Minute Version at: Kino Lorber Edu.
TO HOST A THEATRICAL SCREENING EVENT:
The Anonymous People film is a great way to catalyze a dialog on addiction recovery advocacy in your community. We’ve teamed up with an organization called GATHR to make it very easy for you to bring The Anonymous People to your local theater at no cost to you, or you can also host a customized screening event in a venue of your choice.
GATHR uses a “theatrical‐on‐demand” model. You request a screening and they coordinate with the theater for you. You won’t have to pay any screening room rental or exhibition fee – all you have to do is promote the film and get people to reserve tickets. GATHR screenings can only happen if a minimum number of people reserve tickets (often around 50, but it depends on the theater).
Here are 3 easy steps to follow:
- 1 - Check to see if a screening is already scheduled in your community by entering your city on the map below:
- 2 - If nothing is close by then simply GATHR your own Theatrical screening. If you’re not interested in being the host, then sign up to be notified when someone else schedules one:
- 3 - Once your request has been approved, you’ll get an email confirming you as a Captain for The Anonymous People and you’ll get a link to begin promoting the specifics of your screening.
Screening Host Toolkit
Wherever you’re holding your screening – here are some useful tools to make sure you have a full house and a special night:
- 6 Tips to Promote Your Screening (PDF)
- Sample Social Media Posts (PDF)
- Simple Screening Info Sheet (DOC)
- Sample Gathr Email (DOC)
- Sample Local Press Release (DOC)
The Big Night:
- Screening Sign-In Sheet (PDF)
- Guide for Opening Remarks & Post-Film Discussions (PDF)
- Q&A With Filmmaker Greg Williams (PDF)
- The Anonymous People Movie Poster (PDF)
- ManyFaces1Voice Post-Card Handout (ZIP)
- Alcoholics Anonymous World Services New Bulletin on Anonymity (PDF)
- Advocacy With Anonymity Handout (PDF)
- Recovery Advocacy Is Not A Recovery Program - Bill White (PDF)
INTERNATIONAL SCREENINGS - TO HOST A CUSTOMIZED SCREENING EVENT OR PURCHASE THE FILM WITH PUBLIC PERFORMANCE RIGHTS (PPR) OUTSIDE OF THE U.S. & CANADA:
If you do not live in the U.S. or Canada you can now access the same rights as detailed above from Gathr Films! ; Just click the green "Request A Community Screening" button on The Anonymous People screening page, and follow the on-screen instructions.